Change Home PageAutore: DENNIS S.
Visite 527, Followers 1, Condiviso 0
1. How can I change my home page in X5? I want to replace my current home page with another webpage and make my new home page index.html
2. How do I change the template on my current website, without having to build a whole new template website?
You have to copy the content from the page where you have the wanted information and then insert it into the present homepage.
You cannot copy a page to be the home/index. The only thing you can do is to rename it - but it will still be the homepage.
1. You have to copy the content from the page where you have the wanted information and then insert it into the present homepage. I know this but trying to avoid this for other reasons.
2. Not sure what you mean when you say > You cannot copy a page to be the home/index. The only thing you can do is to rename it - but it will still be the homepage.
I wanted to create a page and name it index.html (home page) and delete the original home page. Can this be done in X5 without complications?
No - this cannot be done in X5. You have to insert or copy content to the home-page in X5.
But you can manually:
After the project is uploaded you can delete the X5-homepage and then manually upload a index-file you have created not-in-X5. But you will have no menu, header and so as the other project pages. BUT I guess that this is not what you are asking for.
If my explanation is not good or clear, I hope someone else can explain better.
See also this post: https://helpcenter.websitex5.com/it/post/255705
Eventuallu use Google Translate
You can do this easily by renaming the page file.
1. Go to "page maps" > click on the home page > in the options above go to "properties" > on the same screen that appears, check the last "file name" option, and rename "index" to any other name, for example my-page-2.
2. Now as easy as > repeat the steps above > change the page you want to make your index and rename it to (index).
3. In case the change doesn't get in the way of site navigation, you just need to go to the menu builder and indicate your new Home page. That's it, that's all. :)
Attention! If you don't rename the new index, your site won't open directly. ;)
About changing the template...
you can do this by going in step 2 of the websitex5 > Template Settings > Settings to export/import
However, to use this feature requires a bit of expertise. Then run the tests first. :)
Save the template you want and then import into the desired project. This worked well for us. :)
I'm having a dificult time figuring this out. Probably because I was educated in the USA LOL.
Can you give me a step by step directions on how to do the settings export/import function? Or maybe there's a tutorial?
How did you save the template and where did you save it to (desktop?).
Appreciate your help.