How to check on your database if the Strict Mode is activeАвтор: Incomedia
One of the features providers include in their hosting plans is the integration of a database. Using a database is essential for creating online shopping carts, managing user registrations, or signing up subscribers to a newsletter and inviting users to comment on your Blog.
Recently, some providers, including One.com - the provider we partner with, to offer the domain and 12 months of web space included with WebSite X5 - have introduced an important modification: activating Strict Mode for their databases.
To make sure that your website works correctly, regardless of whether your provider has activated Strict Mode for their databases or not, we recommend the following steps:
- If you are working with WebSite X5 version 17.1.2 or with a higher version
You don't need to do anything special: everything is already arranged for performing the necessary checks.
- If you are working with a lower version than WebSite X5 17.1.2
In this case, you can consider upgrading your software licence, or you can follow these simple steps:
- Download this file: _checkDB.php
- Publish the file you've downloaded into the server folder where you've already published your website. To do this, you can use either an external FTP program, or Website X5's own integrated FTP software. In the second case, go to Step 5 - Export and click on Upload a File to the Server.
- Once it has been published, run the file: open your browser and enter www.mysite.com/_checkDB.php in the address bar (where mysite.com is your website's URL). Then click on ENTER
- You'll see a feedback message displayed. Now, you can delete the _checkDB.php file from your server folder. You can also use WebSite X5's integrated FTP software for this step: select the file and click on the Delete button.
In conclusion, whatever WebSite X5 version you are working with, you don't need to contact your provider to find out if they've activated Strict Mode for their databases. In any case, your site will be fully compatible and all the features relating to shopping carts and managing access, e-mail registrations, and comments, which will work correctly.