WebSite X5Help Center

 
Melissa K.
Melissa K.
User

Custom Code Gets Replaced & Cart issues  en

Автор: Melissa K.
Просмотрено 196, Подписчики 2, Размещенный 0  

Hi there,

I'm having a couple of issues, I'm not sure if they are related, but I'm completely baffled.

First, some background. There are two pieces of custom code I added to the website. One that allows my client to track visitors via cookies [placed after the body tag], and another that blocks certain spam IP's via geo-tagging/javascript [placed before the end of the head tag].

Secondly, both codes were working fine until recently.

Third, as I'm sure everyone knows, there's also a store, which is set up to have the orders go to a database, and also emails my client and their clients an order confirmation.

Now, recently, I've come across a few issues that encompasses the above elements. As I said, I don't know if they're related, but since they came in all at once, I have no other way to know.

The first issue is that I'll sometimes open the custom code section, and I'll find that the code from the head tag replaces the code in the body tag, essentially leaving me with duplicate codes on both sections.

I have had to replace this twice. The second time, has apparently made it so that my client is no longer receiving the emails from the orders received. The orders are still going through no problem, just that they're not receiving the emails.

I checked to make sure that the custom codes were all okay, even going so far as to delete the IP blockers and just leaving the tracking, changing the email that the information is going to another email and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Размещено
5 Ответы
Melissa K.
Melissa K.
User
Автор

Update: turns out the email issue is from the server/host side, so the remaining issue is regarding the duplicated/deleted code. Any ideas?

Читать больше
Размещено От Melissa K.
Incomedia
Stefano G.
Incomedia

Hello Melissa

I must say that at the moment, we've received no such reports. Can you be more specific as to where this is happening? In Step 1? Or in Step 3 under Page properties?

Also, did this happen once only? Did you experience this any other time?

Please keep me posted on this here

Thank you

Stefano

Читать больше
Размещено От Stefano G.
Melissa K.
Melissa K.
User
Автор

In Step 1, in the Advanced tab, the Statistics, SEO and Code section.

This has happened 3 times now, two as I mentioned earlier, and this latest time, as there was nothing in the head tag, it deleted what was in the body tag [though it was still bolded as if there was something, until I clicked on it and then it went away].

It's only happened in the past month or so.

Читать больше
Размещено От Melissa K.
Melissa K.
Melissa K.
User
Автор

I stand corrected, it goes a bit further. Earlier today, the image and file for a couple of products also got erased.

I don't recall it happening with the first two occurences, but this and the latest time re: the coding, I was accessing the code section, the program crashed and when it reopened, it was messed up as mentioned.

To clarify because I'm certain it'll come up, the code has been present for a while, so the file had been saved with the code, and the products, although new, I had pressed save before the ordeal, therefore, it's not a case of "it didn't save"

Читать больше
Размещено От Melissa K.
Esahc ..
Esahc ..
Moderator

Melissa, please use step 5, export project to create an iwzip (append date to name at time of creation) at the end of each editting session.

It sounds like there could be a corruption in your project if not a hardware issue. The iwzip will give you a reliable backup and possibly a way to remove the problem by importing.

Читать больше
Размещено От Esahc ..