Can't open the project - Error in XML file (0,0)Autor: Dajana P.
Visitado 1990, Followers 1, Compartido 0
So I was working on the project, when it suddenly crashed. When I want reopen the project, it shows that there is a mistake in XML file (0,0), because it wasn't stopped properly. I have Website X5 Evolution 14.
Thank you for your help.
Has this site ever been uploaded to the internet? If so there will be a backup available, if not we could have an issue.
Open Windows Explorer and browse to the project directory and inside it there should be a backup directory. Inside if there are any files, choose the most recent and copy it up to the project directory.
Now in the project directory, rename project.iwprj2 to pojectbroken.iwprj2, now rename the backup as project.iwprj2
Please let us know if that brings success next time you run wx5
no, i almost finished the project and it crashed so i din't have time to upload it to the internet.
I have the same problem Error in XML file (0,0) I can not open the project..and it was not yet uploaded it to internet!!! I have worked about 10 hours on this project , is it all lost now?
Thank you for your support
I had the same problem a few days ago and it's OK now.
Try to do this process: select your project and click on Backup
Then select into the list the backup file before the crash and Restore
Tell me if it's OK for you.
FABRE - sadly this is not an option in Evolution.
Dajana & Sandra, did you use Windows Explorer to look, was the backup folder empty?
Can you attach a screen shot of your project directory (which includes file sizes)?
I did as you said, but now it shows error in file (1,40).
Yes I used Windows Explorer to look, but now I have found the solution. The Backup folder was not empty. It contained the file backup.iwprj2. In the project directory (like your screenshot) the file size of projeckt.iwprj2 was 0 KB. I have erased this 0 KB file and replaced this with the backup.iwprj2. After that I renamed backup.iwprj2 in project.iwprj2. Now I can open the project in website x5 and continue working.
Dajana, I have requested Incomedia's assistance in case they can offer any further assistance/ideas, I am sorry your problems persist.
Hello Sandra C.,
Try to delete the file fonts.xml and rename fontsbu.xml to fonts.xml and then try again to open the project.