Emailing Forms - How to use Customers Email Address when limited by Hosting ProviderAutor: Lars A.
Visitado 447, Seguidores 1, Compartilhado 0
Came across the above issue ..... not sure how to get aroud this.
- Website build with a Contact Form, which includes Customers Email address + a message/query
- Contact Form is to be sent back to email address ***
- Cannot send email using entered customer email address as Hosting Provider (Authenticated SMTP) does not allow addresses that are not part of the @website.com domain. This is a hard condition as is the use of Authenticated SMTP.
- Before using X5, we used a different CMS software and from this software, the Contact Form was sent from *** with a REPLY TO email address as entered by the customer. This way, when replying to the message, the reply was automatically sent to the customer's email address (and not the one used by the email server....)
- This is how it looked in the Email Client when receiveing a Contact form from a customer
- Not sure how to achieve the same functionality in X5 - so that we can just reply to the contact email
- When trying to use the Customer Email Address (the form field) no email is sent. If I use *** the Contact Form is sent correctly but without the reply to address (the customer's email address is just mentioned in the email as part of the form field contect).
Any assistance on this would be most appreciated ..... using X5 Evolution v.17.0.8