Websitex5 V8.0.16 Corrupts And Then Shuts Down / Crashing!Autor: Brendon M.
<<< Short Version >>>
Fails 'Website Creation' process, corrupts and then shuts down when error message button ('Ok') is depressed.
<<< Long Version >>>
The error is "Run-time error '9':", "Subscript out of range"
When I try to 'Test', 'Upload To Internet' or 'Export To Disk', the 'Website Creation' process will fail at 78% at the end of a particular page giving an error message.
The WebsiteX5 application buttons appear to corrupt and when I like 'Ok' on the error dialogue window, WebsiteX5 application closes.
This means I can never reach the end of the 'Website Creation' Process.
- I have been a user of WebsiteX5 for many years.
- I have used WebsiteX5 to publish many sites.
- I made no significant changes that I have not already tried to reversing.
- I have tried 'Export To Disk' as well as 'Upload To Internet' and both fail.
- I can however publish other sites without an issue.
- I have tried 'Hiding the page' with no joy.
- I removed the failing page and the Website Creation process will then complete successfully without any error! ... but I have no idea how or why this page is failing and causing the WebsiteX5 application to corrupt and shuts down.
- I have promoted WebSiteX5 to many many of our clients and this very much concerns me ... by the same token, in all the years using the product, this is the first real critical issue we have ever encountered with WebSiteX5 and my main concern is for our WebsiteX5 user base.
Is there some form of 'Error Logging', 'Error Trapping' or more detailed 'Error Message' to help resolve such issues?
... someone with less technical skills than I, would have great difficulty and distress trying to resolve such a problem and I personally do not wish to delete pages from a website publication because WebsiteX5 if failing to identify or resolve what will most likely turn out to be a simple syntax error ... somewhere.
runtime,error,websitex5,8.0.16,website creation, crash, shutdown, shut down,corrupt,failing,issue,problem,failure,close,buttons,subscript out of range, Run-time error 9,Upload to the internet, Export to disk, Test, dialogue window, application closes, error logging, error trapping, error message, error log, difficulty, distress, resolve, syntax