WebSite X5 - Changelog
- Enable your visitors to listen to an album, a track, a playlist or to follow an artist using Spotify.
WebSite X5 - 2019.3.9
- New Content Slider Object: With this Content Slider, you can create sliders in which, in addition to an image, each slide contains a background, a title, a description, and a link-enabled button. Basically, it's the perfect Object for an eye-catching Home Page.
- New Button Object: You can't have a website without buttons: now they're easy to create with the Button Object. Customize text, appearance, and link in just a few clicks, and your button is ready to use.
- Suggestions Toolbar: We've re-organized and enhanced WebSite X5's support materials with new content. You can find all kinds of new articles, videos, and tutorials in the Help Center's new Guide section (https://guide.websitex5.com), as well as through the new Suggestions Toolbar in the software itself.
- Template Library: We've added 10 new Templates for Pro, and updated 5 Templates that can be used with both Evo and Pro. The new Content Slider object has been added into all these templates.
- Object Management Window: We've redesigned the Object Management window, making it faster and more intuitive to search and select Objects for your project.
- SEO - Page Loading Speed: Along with other factors, Google favors pages that load the fastest. That's why, in order to increase page loading speeds, we made the following changes:
- New image compression engine for Pro : All images added into a project can be optimized later using the newly integrated image compression engine. By optimizing images, their overall dimensions can be reduced up to 60%.
- Gzip Compression for Pro : Now, files can be compressed into the Gzip format before being sent to the browser for display, this speeds up transmission times. With Gzip, the HTML, JS, and CSS files can be compressed up to 80%!
- Minify resources for Pro : When you export your website, all of the project's JS and CSS files can be minified to make them faster and more lightweight. This involves deleting superfluous characters (spaces, line breaks, comments, etc.) from the code, without compromising its functions.
- Loading fonts: A fallback font is automatically specified for each project: so users can immediately view the page's text when published online, even before the correct fonts load and are applied. This means the page appears to load faster.
- New styles added to the Object Gallery's miniature library
- Added the New category amongst the Template search filters.
- Added the Used in Project category to the Object search filters. This will make it easier to find the objects you use the most in an ongoing project.