WebSite X5 - Changelog
NEW: Google Forms
- Add polls, surveys and quizzes using Google Forms and collect your users' feedback.
WebSite X5 - 2020.1.12
- Solved an issue for which some e-commerce resources would be attached more than once in the project, which increased its size.
- In some cases, the scroll arrow wasn't displayed correctly on the page, if the Full Height function had been set.
- Some localizations have been fixed.
- In some cases the images inside showboxes might be displayed as deformed.
WebSite X5 - 2020.1.10
- In some cases, the tooltip set on mouseover for the product title didn't work properly.
- Solved issue causing the impossibility of proceeding to the final step of the purchase process if no payment or shipping method had been set.
- In some cases, the link for the post-payment sent via e-mail didn't correctly lead to the order page.
- Improved lateral box function during the purchase process, which now shows shipping and payment costs as well as other additional details.
- In some cases, the filter sidebar on the product search page didn't take on the correct styles.
- In some cases, it wasn't possible to proceed to the next steps of the purchase process if the shipping details differed from the invoicing ones.
- Fixed issues on discounts, where the coupon codes and the total amount weren't correctly reported in the order summary.
- Improved the project elaboration and opening speed.
- Corrected some localization mistakes.
- Various fixes.
NEW: Cursor Trail Effects
- Add an effect to the mouse pointer: by dragging it, you will see a trail of drops, flashes, flowers or other elements falling down.
NEW: Cursor Floating Trail
- Animate the mouse pointer so to display a floating trail of bubbles, balloons, stars or other elements when you drag it.
WebSite X5 - 2020.1.8
- If one of the checkboxes for the acceptance of the shopping cart "Conditions and terms" is selected, the other one is automatically selected as well.
- In some cases, the costs for the selected shipping and payment methods weren't correctly reported in the order summary e-mail.
- Solved price update issue when a product option was selected on the search page.
- Fixed some graphical issues of the purchase process.
- Solved issue related to the impossibility of adding products to the shopping cart and causing the search page to be displayed as empty.
- In some cases, the discount applied to a product according to its weight wasn't correctly reported in the linked tooltip.
- The space for the product descriptions on the order summary page has been increased.
- The "Continue Shopping" button isn't available in the shopping cart, in case it is empty and it hasn't been emptied by the customer.
- In some cases, the encrypted passwords were wrongly assigned to the database.
- Removed the options for the customization of the purchase process and the product availability options from the Evo edition, as these options are exclusively available for Pro.
- If a redirect after the access was set on a user, he or she was redirected to a general login page instead of the correct page (Evo only).
- The button style available on the search page now takes on the settings reported on Step 2 > Text style.
- When searching a product using the website search function, the "Add to cart" button is now correctly displayed.
- Solved speed issues for projects including a store.
- Added missing localizations in French for the purchase process.
- Solved localization issues in Spanish for the shopping cart.
WebSite X5 - 2020.1.7
- Solved an issue reporting login data as incorrect while accessing the website (Evo only)
WebSite X5 - 2020.1.6
- The order shipping e-mail for the digital products wouldn't be sent in case the payment via PayPal had been modified for the second time (Pro only).
- Improved the visualization for the wrong coupon code error for the responsive resolution (Pro only).
- Improved the visualization for the filter bar which might sometimes have displayed some horizontal scroll bars. Moreover, on some specific browsers the tick symbol wasn't properly aligned (Pro only).
- NEW: added a default text to be displayed when the product search leads to no results.
- Added some missing texts in Russian for the content language.
- Aligned the font used for the order confirmation e-mail.
- The password recovery e-mail wasn't correctly sent if the registered user had been removed from the admin panel (Pro only).
- An error was displayed during the users' login on the website (Evo only).
- NEW: Added Brazilian localization.
WebSite X5 - 2020.1.5
- Solved issue which could cause the shopping cart pages to be displayed in smartphone resolution instead of desktop one.
- Solved issue causing a malfunction of the shopping cart for the non-responsive websites.
- Solved issue causing an error which prevented the user to correctly log in on the website.
WebSite X5 - 2020.1.4
- You can now add a search page within your website for your customers to search through all the products in their shopping cart. This search page design and layout can be customized and several filter options can be added. (Pro version only)
- The "add products" window now includes the option of searching through existing products: this makes it easier to manage catalogs with many items. (Pro version only)
- We've separated the section where you insert products from the online store design. You can now customize the Special Pages in the Map, called "Online Shopping Cart: search" and "Online Shopping Cart: shopping cart and checkout", and choose your design.
- We've added a useful new feature to the Insert Link options: a shortcut to the "Product Search" window to find a specific product category.
- We've optimized the store's check-out process by improving how the registration process behaves, the payment/shipping methods, and the order confirmation steps.
- We've overhauled the design and layout of the checkout pages in order to make them even more clear and user-friendly for the clients placing orders.
- The mouse-over effect is now available for images in product pages and images in the online cart search page.
- Clients who have registered to access your website's secured pages, will now find a new process for requesting a password reset: this increases the site's security standards, as well as complying with the directives of the GDPR.
- As with the online store, we've separated the content management aspects from the design and layout elements. Now, you can manage all your design features through the Special Pages titled "Blog: home page" and "Blog: article" in the Map.
- We've increased fro 64 to 96, the number of lines that can be added to each website page.
- We've updated the minimum server requirements to PHP 7.1.
WebSite X5 - 2019.3.17
- Modified window for the import of online images and added Premium section.
- In some cases, when opening the project, the project could lose the Google Fonts connected to it.
- For some configurations, the tooltip wasn't correctly aligned to the content.
- Various fixes.
WebSite X5 - 2019.3.16
- In some cases, if more tabs were active for the same Object, the navigation arrows weren't correctly displayed.
- In some cases, the pages set as under construction could cause visualization issues in menus with more levels
- Fixed a localization problem in the Object settings
- In some cases, a wrong number of thumbnails was shown in the lower resolutions
Comments and Ratings Object
- Fixed a problem affecting the possibility of editing the name for the data destination folder after it had been set for the first time
- The option to play an audio file at the page opening has been removed, as this function is automatically disabled on browsers
- Various fixes
WebSite X5 - 2019.3.14
Contact Form Object
- In some cases, e-mails coming from the Contact Forms weren't correctly sent.
NEW: Cursor Click Effects
- Rock your pages and add an animation effect on the mouse pointer click.
NEW: Logo Slider
- Give your website a better authority by creating a slideshow with your partners' logos, with the brands you offer and the magazines reviewing your product and/or services.
WebSite X5 - 2019.3.13
- In some cases, the cell effects weren't properly applied
Contact Form Object
- For some configurations, the font wasn't correctly applied in the e-mails.
- In particular situations, the "Continue shopping" button would redirect to the wrong page
- Solved compatibility issue with the version 5.6 of PHP, which had been introduced with the last beta version.
WebSite X5 - 2019.3.12
- The e-mail text for physical and digital products was inverted within the software UI.
- The PayPal payment button wasn't correctly displayed on incomplete payment e-mail notifications.
- In some cases the mouseover effects on the article page numbering buttons wasn't correctly displayed.
- In some cases the number of visible thumbnails wasn't correct on mobile.
- In some cases the level menu background wasn't correctly displayed.
- For some configurations the full-height effect wasn't correctly displayed if the zoom factor was set on 125%
- In particular cases the program text editors didn't display any contents.
- Various Fixes.
WebSite X5 - 2019.3.11
Product Catalog Object
- In some cases the product sheets weren't correctly positioned.
- The custom code used for the payment wasn't correctly interpreted if it any comments were included in it.
- During the project loading process an error message concerning some invalid characters in the path could be displayed.
WebSite X5 - 2019.3.10
- In some cases the thumbnails weren't correctly displayed.
- The color variant for the thumbnails wasn't correctly applied.
Product Catalog Object
- In some cases, the product boxes weren't correctly displayed.
Contact Form Object
- For some configurations, it wasn't possible to edit the items in the Single Choice field.
- In some particular cases, the link inserted in blog articles weren't correctly generated.
- In some particular cases, an error message could be displayed when exporting the project online.
- Various fixes.
- Enable your visitors to listen to an album, a track, a playlist or to follow an artist using Spotify.
WebSite X5 - 2019.3.9
- New Content Slider Object: With this Content Slider, you can create sliders in which, in addition to an image, each slide contains a background, a title, a description, and a link-enabled button. Basically, it's the perfect Object for an eye-catching Home Page.
- New Button Object: You can't have a website without buttons: now they're easy to create with the Button Object. Customize text, appearance, and link in just a few clicks, and your button is ready to use.
- Suggestions Toolbar: We've re-organized and enhanced WebSite X5's support materials with new content. You can find all kinds of new articles, videos, and tutorials in the Help Center's new Guide section (https://guide.websitex5.com), as well as through the new Suggestions Toolbar in the software itself.
- Template Library: We've added 10 new Templates for Pro, and updated 5 Templates that can be used with both Evo and Pro. The new Content Slider object has been added into all these templates.
- Object Management Window: We've redesigned the Object Management window, making it faster and more intuitive to search and select Objects for your project.
- SEO - Page Loading Speed: Along with other factors, Google favors pages that load the fastest. That's why, in order to increase page loading speeds, we made the following changes:
- New image compression engine for Pro : All images added into a project can be optimized later using the newly integrated image compression engine. By optimizing images, their overall dimensions can be reduced up to 60%.
- Gzip Compression for Pro : Now, files can be compressed into the Gzip format before being sent to the browser for display, this speeds up transmission times. With Gzip, the HTML, JS, and CSS files can be compressed up to 80%!
- Minify resources for Pro : When you export your website, all of the project's JS and CSS files can be minified to make them faster and more lightweight. This involves deleting superfluous characters (spaces, line breaks, comments, etc.) from the code, without compromising its functions.
- Loading fonts: A fallback font is automatically specified for each project: so users can immediately view the page's text when published online, even before the correct fonts load and are applied. This means the page appears to load faster.
- New styles added to the Object Gallery's miniature library
- Added the New category amongst the Template search filters.
- Added the Used in Project category to the Object search filters. This will make it easier to find the objects you use the most in an ongoing project.