WebSite X5Help Center

 
Colin W.
Colin W.
User

Problem with uploading since update from v2019.2.7 to v2019.2.8 Pro  en

Author: Colin W.
Visited 115, Followers 1, Shared 0  

I have just updated Website X5 Pro from v2019.2.7 to v2019.2.8.

When trying to upload website files online, I get the msg –

“The Following tests failed:

 MySQL Database settings (aplaceof_mysql1)”

I have checked the mysql database on the host server and it is functioning correctly.

Web server info:-

               Database client version: libmysql – 5.6.43

               PHP version: 7.2.7

I then “Ignored the error msg” and uploaded all  the files to the host server.

I then checked that the shopping cart on the website still works. This time it did not.

Website – www.oursaviourap.org.au

After clicking on the “Buy Now” button, I get “Generic Error” message and cannot proceed any further.

I did not change any settings after the update.

Under Data Management, I use "Standard script" and "Send as Post" both before update and after update.

Under Shopping Cart/Sending Order, I "Send data to a Database", which worked in v2019.2.7

Please help.

Posted on the
2 ANSWERS - 1 USEFUL - 1 CORRECT
Aleksej H.
Aleksej H.
Moderator

Hello.

  1. Try checking / changing / entering new data to connect to the database.
  2. Try temporarily disabling antivirus and firewall.
  3. Check the error log on the hosting.
  4. Try again to export all the site files, not just the changes. It is better if before that you delete all the site files from the server.
Read more
Posted on the from Aleksej H.
Colin W.
Colin W.
User
Author

Thankyou so much for replying so quickly.

I tried all the above but it was still not working.

I remembered that I had v2019.2.5 on my notebook and tried that.  As I got the same error message, I thought it must be something to do with the host server.

So I rechecked on the host server website, cpanel. The database was OK. I then checked the myPHPadmin/variables and discovered that the "hostname" had been changed.

I then changed the "hostname" under 1. Settings/Data Management/Database/Host Name.

It worked.

Thankyou once again for your help

Read more
Posted on the from Colin W.