Removing database parameters to export to internetAuthor: Tony B.
I have an email form that has worked successfully. I changed the email address that was sending the form and received "before you uploading the website online, you have to set the database paramenters. I am not using a database so I guessed the problem was that the new email address did not match a valid email address on the server. I changed the address back to the original address but still received the same error and couldn't export.
I then removed the form entirely and tried to export the website without the form but it still showed the error message. I tried to remove the email address from the database parameters but it wouldn't let me.
Does anyone know how to remove the email address from the database parameters to export my website.
There always needs to be an e-mail adres, not only for the the form.
Check if this the one that borders you:
if you are not using x5 as webprovider:
Thank you for your quick reply.
However, I have exported websites previously without having put in an email address in the parameters.
It would seem there is a problem with the form holding the parameters as it doesn't matter what email address I use I still get the error message.
Is the TAB with datamanagement totaly empty? (it should if you don't use a database)
You are sure you have not set a database option in x5 somewhere in the between time?
I just run a test with an empty project, just 1 form, and set an email adres in the form that is non excistend.
Everything upploaded without the question for database.
Check also the form and see if there in on top not send to database selected (in the SEND TAB)
Yes, there is nothing in any of the database management tab.
I have removed the email form totally from the website.
I have used the default email address on the providers hosting package.
It still won't allow me to export.
I am thinking now that there is something in the temporary files used to up load the site. I am sure I have experienced this before. I think I might need to delete them and get the export module to regenerate them. Do you know what the file path is for the temporary files.
Many thanks for your help.
Just can't believe it's something in the files. There must be a database link active in the project somewhere.
Anyway be carefull with removing files outside x5, this can cause more trouble then that it will solve.
files are here: c:\yourname\documents\incomedia\website x5 profesional\your project name\ .....
I will strongly suggest to make a complete backup of the project (step5 export project)
In step5 you can also optimize the project by making x5 remove files that are not linkend, maybe try that first, but also here make a backup first! -export project in step5-
OK, so I have decided to go to my incremental back up from a few days ago. Restored the backup file and reloaded WebsiteX5 and then I exported to the internet without a problem. So, effectively, I have resolved the issue. I still believe that it was a temporary file issue. Can someone tell me if they have had this issue of not clearing the email address from the export parameters.
If you solve this post then you won't get more reponce's. suggest to unsolve it if you want more reply's
And no i have not had these kind of issues. Once -long time ago- when i was messing around with the files outside of x5 i hade something similair.. So there a learned a importand lesson.
Glad you got a solution!