Download link solution neededAuthor: Dietmar M.
I am trying to find a solution to simply add a download link to my pdfs and other files.
What I did so far:
1) Searched this forum for solutions first. There are some and I read and tried all few times but for whatever reason it wont work on my website. I even inserted some code provided and suggested by some members. But for whatever reason it wont work on my website or lets say, not like I expect. There was a post form John S. who creted some html code which works fine (thanks) but as I have to manually insert it might causes some risk of mistake (wrong URL or such) I prefer just clicking on given options.
2) I bought the Download button, provided in the Marketplace. Thats no good solution (at least for me). First its a separate item which I can not insert into text box (sorry, dont know the correct english word for it), causing my responsive design to look strange in some display sizes, second the link is related to the local file on my PC and not on my server, thus when I change the file I have to change all links manually instead of just upload the new file (with same name of course) to the server.
3) The solutions provided by X5 V17, setting a link wether to text or picture: I can only set to open in same window, new window, show box or pop up. This isnt useful as I have to set a certain page size for the new window/show box. I am using responsive design, in Smartphone size its ok as its downloading automatically and I can manually say OPEN. In Desktop or Tablet size ist not fully shown, depending on screen size.
4) I created a button and inserted in the text, but to set a link and result is same as above Pos.3.
5) For safety reasons I set "disable right mous click" in general, to check I set it to enable and I can manually safe the downloading file somewhere. But thats not what I am looking for an I beleive this is the old fashioned way, as most users just click on the button or link and another window opens.
What I want:
A simple solution to click on a text or a button (inserted in the text as picture, I tried this already) and a download starts automatically without opening the file by itself. In any browser I am using there is a section called Downloads in upper right where one can open the downloaded files whenver its needed.
I dont want to insert html code manually.
A solution would be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot